Forums > Newbie Forum > Messaging models

Photographer

rorycook

Bradford-on-Avon, England, United Kingdom

Hi, sorry for this, but I come from a world of finding models I want to work with, and dealing with the agency.
How do I contact a model I want to work with, do I go elsewhere.

Note: I am not proposing to put anyone in danger. I would advise all models to check details, websites, SM and if not 100% sure take someone with you. Ideally MM to act as the agency.

Rory
@roryphotovideo

Apr 19 24 09:59 am Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

Contact MM models through the site here.
Contact agency models through the agency.

Apr 19 24 10:03 am Link

Photographer

Flex Photography

Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

"Note: I am not proposing to put anyone in danger. I would advise all models to check details, websites, SM and if not 100% sure take someone with you. ""

So you advise them, if they feel it is dangerous, to bring a 2nd person along to the dangerous situation, putting them in danger also?

My advice to them is to check the photographer's MM profile and portfolio and credentials, website, etc., to see if they are who they claim to be. (Google is also your friend) Then the model should directly contact some of his previous models checking his character and previous professional behaviour. I have links to all of mine. Due diligence is not substituted by having another warm body.

If, after doing the proper research, the model feels safe, do the shoot, If it does not feel safe, don't endanger a 2nd person, simply don't shoot!! (With that nervous vibe, the shots would be shit anyway)

Apr 19 24 08:14 pm Link

Photographer

Studio NSFW

Pacifica, California, US

rorycook wrote:
Ideally MM to act as the agency.

MM is not an agency. Full stop. It’s a website.

There are several ways to attempt to contact a model on this site. Private messages, fiend requests, tags, shout outs.  Find their Instagram or other social media, try to DM there.   

If they respond, great

No response is in itself a response. If you are too persistent you will likely tickle someone’s “stalker” radar.   Don’t be that guy…there are still excellent models available on this site for creative projects, so move on…posting a casting call for a project generally yield a good selection in my experience.

iIf you want a specific model for a specific look, it is smart to see if the model you are reaching out to has any activity in the past year or so, as this site is chock full o’ zombie profiles.

Apr 21 24 07:05 am Link